Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We Need Change. We Need You.

Good evening!

Sorry about that brief stretch of time where this blog was the last thing on my mind.  Sometimes, I am so busy chasing happiness and trying to spread it that I forget to reflect on it. But now I'm here.

First off. The Boston explosions. Terrible, terrible. Words fail me, as they often do when I'm struck with the news of a tragedy. Every muscle and bone and sinew in my body aches for the victims and their families. Little Martin, most of all. Buddy, you're a brave kid. I promise to change this world just for you.

Second on the social change front: today's failure to pass the gun control bill. For real, people? The families of dead 6 year olds are weeping in front of you and you can't pick your head up and NOTICE that the time is now to change the world?! Sometimes politicians really are the most dumb members of society. Don't worry, Newtown families, we will change that too. I promise.

Ok. Sorry for pushing my opinions on others. I know you don't all feel the same way that I do, and that's fine. We all have different opinions and backgrounds and minds That's what makes us America. And I guess that makes us strong in horrible times like this when the whole country wants to crack and sob and crumble and mourn at the feet of a father who was just trying to enjoy a nice time with his family, who sheds tears over the loss of not just his son, but of all the sons in the world. He carries the weight of all the mourning in the world with him. And he is still fighting for the life of his wife and 6-year-old. What a difficult world. Surely, that's something we can all agree on.

Can we all just take a minute here, wherever you are in cyberspace, and be SO UNBELIEVABLY THANKFUL for this day? You were put here for some reason. Maybe that reason is the simple fact that it was a sunny day, one just for you to enjoy. Maybe it's so you can cure cancer (don't get me started...we need someone to do that too). Or maybe it's so you can be a good mom or dad or grandson or neighbor. I think we all have a million purposes, some which we are not even aware of. You have as many purposes in this world as the amount of times that your heart beats. Feel that little thumping on your chest? Woah. Some force out there (whatever you believe) caused you to be here. Now. Changing and loving this world.

I love every single one of you.
xo,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment