Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ALL THE WORLD NEEDS IS LOVE.

Hi guys.

I spent a good portion of the day mad. Really angry about something stupid running through my head. I was a tumbling rumbling ball of anxiety.

And then I got home. And I realized something. There are children in this world who have cancer. They have CANCER, PEOPLE! Okay. Maybe that didn't sink in. CHILDREN ARE DYING! And I am sitting here being mad at some girl who was just annoying me. There's a disconnect. That's not logical.

Let's put EVERY SINGLE OUNCE of our beings into LOVE. Okay, I'll admit it--yes, that did sound like a total hippie statement and yes, I do realize we are not in 1970. But seriously! Can't we just let passion pulse through our veins and very sinew and just LOVE? I think that's what we are put here to do.

I don't have a medical degree. I don't have a steady income (unless feeding your neighbors' cat once a year counts). So I can't cure cancer. But we can as a whole, and I fully believe that. However, I do have an abundance of love. A lot of times, it flows out of me, gushing, rushing, pushing through the endless walls of hate and intolerance in this world. And so I sat at my desk. And I wrote a card to my little Brady, whose page I follow on Facebook. He's four. He loves trains and playing outside. Oh. And he practically lives in a hospital. With stage 4 neuroblastoma (I'll just remind you gently that this took the PRECIOUS life of Ronan Thompson), he can't be a normal kid. His parents are overworked and overworried and all they can do is love him. That's all any of us can do, love. So I wrote him a card and wrapped up some fun toys (in case you were wondering, yes, I do have a giant stack of new inflatable sea creatures in my closet--don't ask) and sent it off. And you know what? I'm not even mad anymore.

With every fiber of your being, who is it that you'll love?

No comments:

Post a Comment